The long shadow
Posted by aogMonday, 09 September 2013 at 15:45 TrackBack Ping URL

May i ask progressives to answer a important question?

Do you think the vast majority of American’s that do not want to get involved with Syria. Do you think it can be a lack of confidence in this Administration?

It is not like this administration has not lied before. Look at the job report today. We have been lied to and spind around on the economy for 5 years. (yes I know Bush’s fault). We have been lied to about Fast & furious (I know Bush’s fault). We have been lied to about Benghazi (I know Bush’s fault). We have been lied to about the IRS (I know it was Bush’s fault). We have been lied to about Obamacare (I know it is Bush’s fault). We have been lied to about the NSA (I know Bush’s fault). We have been lied to about Immigration (I know Bush’s fault). We have seen the level of incompetence on the Gulf Oil Spill, Boston (terror)…Bush’s fault. We have seen the level of incompetence when it comes to Egypt ( Muslim Brotherhood) Lybia (Extremists / Anarchy), hell the whole middle east.…not to mention Iran is that much closer to being nuclear.

I know it is all Bush’s fault.

But with this track record, why should we trust them this time? Obviously Bush will screw this one up also, no?

Sampsonaz

Bret Monday, 09 September 2013 at 17:30

Pretty funny. I suppose it’s always the case that it’s difficult to trust administrations controlled by the other party. But progressives do seem to be in a bit of a quandary here.

It’s a tough call. It’s going to turn out catastrophically poorly no matter what action or inaction is taken.

Annoying Old Guy Monday, 09 September 2013 at 17:57

The only real quandary here is good policy vs. blind loyalty to the leadership. President Obama painted himself in to this corner all by himself, leaving his supporters to sacrifice him or themselves.

Bret Monday, 09 September 2013 at 18:35

And which choice is the good policy?

Annoying Old Guy Monday, 09 September 2013 at 19:26

I should have qualified that with “[good policy] from the MAList point of view” which is to do nothing, the policy they spent the Bush years canalizing so that intervention is now both ideologically and political untenable for them.

erp Tuesday, 10 September 2013 at 10:52

More on it’s Bush’s fault from the Washington Post.