Petty tweaking
Posted by aogMonday, 21 June 2010 at 08:17 TrackBack Ping URL

I managed to get a comment deleted [see update] over at Brothers Judd, although since Disqus is used as the commenting system the comment is still available over there. Apparently Judd didn’t like my tweaking him with his past praise for Under-performin’ Norman. Judd titled a post with “A TAD MORE IMPRESSIVE THAN NORM MINETTA” which seemed rather dismissive of Minetta who had earlier been described as was “surely the best Transportation Secretary we’ve ever had”, not to mention”one of the few great cabinet officers in the history of the Republic” and even “one of the superstars of the best cabinet since Washington’s”. Having frequently found Judd’s boosting of Minetta rather inexplicable, I am amused to see him get memholed.

Update: I must apologize to Judd, it appears the problem was too many links caused the comment to be marked as junk. My fault, I should have been more generous in my opinions.

erp Monday, 21 June 2010 at 09:05

What I miss are the great and often very amusing comment threads we used to have over at the bros and wonder if other comments are deleted or if people have just moved on.

Stephen Judd Monday, 21 June 2010 at 09:35

AOG, OJ may have deleted it, but I checked, and Disqus had it marked as spam…perhaps the number of links (?). Anyway, I “un-spammed” it and added you to the comment whitelist, so tweak away.

Annoying Old Guy Monday, 21 June 2010 at 09:58

erp;

Yes. Although I will note that deleting comments is far more polite than editing them. After all, it’s his website, he’s under no obligation to let anyone else add content.

Stephen;

Augh, no tweaking can compensate for me making such a newbie mistake. I am mortified.

Hey Skipper Monday, 21 June 2010 at 16:23

Which stands in stark contrast to comment editing and memholing.

[sincerity] AOG, you are a class act. [/sincerity]

erp Monday, 21 June 2010 at 17:06

Skipper, sarcasm/off Seconded! sarcasm/back on

pj Monday, 21 June 2010 at 18:59

For my part, once Brothers Judd got in my RSS feed I stopped visiting and stopped commenting. I have to actually visit AOG, so I see the comment threads.

AVeryRoughRoadAhead Tuesday, 22 June 2010 at 00:47

For me, comment threads are more than half the fun of blogs. You can get info or opinion from a thousand non-interactive sources; why visit a blog for such unless you want to discuss things?

Annoying Old Guy Tuesday, 22 June 2010 at 07:21

It’s still good to have some source of non-interactive information. I find Brothers Judd interesting, even if I don’t comment. Judd does read an amazing breadth of stuff and has a good eye for the interesting bits. He’s certainly not across-the-board whacky (like, say, Andrew Sullivan).