Alert the media - someone was wrong on the Internet
Posted by aogFriday, 16 October 2009 at 14:49 TrackBack Ping URL

What about those fake Rush Limbaugh quotes that made the rounds on Old Media? Can we say that depending on a single cite by an anonymous person on the Internet is clear and reckless disregard for the facts in a legal sense?

erp Friday, 16 October 2009 at 16:17

From an article in the American Thinker …this IP address [69.64.213.146] is used as a gateway by the law firm Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP …

There should be enough brain power on the internet to figure out who’s responsible, that is, if everything isn’t already deleted and the computer removed and destroyed.

Annoying Old Guy Friday, 16 October 2009 at 21:08

Unlikely. If I were them, I would claim that a computer at the firm had been hacked in to and used as a relay for anonymous posting. That happens quite a bit.

erp Saturday, 17 October 2009 at 08:11

Even if that were true, can’t the hacker be traced? Abby on NCIS does that routinely!

erp Monday, 19 October 2009 at 08:56

Via Ace lack of full disclosure from the NFL.

Annoying Old Guy Monday, 19 October 2009 at 11:15

I think it’s a bummer that Limbaugh got bumped from the group purchasing that football team, but I can’t get worked up about it. It’s just some rough business and that’s the way of the world. A coordinated campaign of attributing obviously bogus and inflammatory quotes to him without bothering to check, that sets me off. At what point does it become common knowledge that Old Media will promote lies to achieve their own ideological goals and are therefore simply not to be trusted?

erp Monday, 19 October 2009 at 15:36

Goes without saying. I don’t care a pin about football, but I do care that the full weight of the United States government and its allies in the media don’t come down on a private citizen.