Major flipping
Posted by aogMonday, 20 August 2007 at 11:24 TrackBack Ping URL

Wow, Orrin Judd is now equating support for illegal immigration with support for abortion in order to bash Rudy Giuliani.

Bret Monday, 20 August 2007 at 11:44

It didn’t quite seem like equating to me. More like both are subsets of a higher level attitude.

Annoying Old Guy Monday, 20 August 2007 at 12:20

I read it as labeling both “anti-human position”. I suspect that’s not what OJ really meant, but that his desire to bash Guiliani drove his fingers too fast.

The Other Brother Monday, 20 August 2007 at 12:41

AOG - It is anti-human to on the one hand welcome illegal immigrants and with the other oppose offering them a legal status that would allow them to advance in society.

Michael Herdegen Monday, 20 August 2007 at 14:11

Apparently the GOP isn’t as hierarchical as Orrin had thought, since “the guy whose turn is next”, McCain, now seems rather unlikely to be the nominee. It’ll be a twice-divorced serial adulterer, a Mormon, or a guy who quit the U.S. Senate to spend his time playing make-believe.

David Cohen Monday, 20 August 2007 at 17:25

I have to say that I found that a puzzling post, too, but I think that OJ is assuming (or hoping that we’ll assume) that Giuliani is walking away from his pro-immigration stance in this election. In other words, OJ is still characterizing anti-immigrationism as anti-human.

Annoying Old Guy Monday, 20 August 2007 at 17:53

Mr. Cohen;

But why would Guiliani do that, since OJ assures us that anti-illegal immigrant is a minority position, even in the GOP?

Other Brother;

Why the presumption that, if Guiliani is changing his position, he continues to welcome illegal immigrants?

In the end, I think we’re over analyzing something that wasn’t thought through in the first place. I just enjoy snarking at OJ. I should have written this one up, where OJ claims that Hamas is a caring organization because it rescued a lion cub, while causing the electricity to go off in Gaza due to corruption. Yeah, that’s why Hamas won the elections.