Destroying the mystery
Posted by aogSunday, 01 October 2006 at 17:14 TrackBack Ping URL

Jeff Guinn dropped by this afternoon to check out the Thought Mesh Pontification Production Facility. He was able to meet She Who Is Perfect In All Ways and the three little annoying guys (Boy One, Boy Two, and Girl Three). We noted that when he mentioned to Brit that he would be in Cambridge, Brit fled to distant lands. I was unable to disappear so appositely happy to have Jeff drop by and we had a pleasant, if short, visit. Inexplicably Jeff thought his family might be less than fully supportive of him spending all day here instead of there.

Jeff Guinn Monday, 02 October 2006 at 15:03

In the interest of truth-in-blogging, AOG should really refer to himself as NANOG.

Not Annoying, Not Old, Guy.

Thanks for the hospitality; it was a real pleasure to meet you and SWIPIAW, an obviously apt appellation.

Annoying Old Guy Monday, 02 October 2006 at 15:33

Heh. As Jeff was heading in to town, he called in a warning. I thought he was asking for “Judy” because it was not until that moment that I realized he didn’t know my actual first name and was asking for “AOG”. It was the first time anyone had referred to me that way in person.

Thanks for dropping by, Jeff, and my official position is that no tracking or monitoring devices were attached to you, your car, nor your bike. That’s my position and I am sticking to it.

Brit Wednesday, 04 October 2006 at 03:13

Psst…I’m back. Is the coast clear?

cjm Wednesday, 04 October 2006 at 17:43

i know aog is in illinois, and i am in socal, where are others located ?

Jeff Guinn Wednesday, 04 October 2006 at 21:54

I’m north of Detroit, David Cohen is west of Boston, Robert Duquette is in Minneapolis, and Peter in Ottawa.

I have been in each of those places, but only got to meet Duck; I didn’t know where Peter and David lived when I was in Ottawa and Boston.

As it happens, I spent a month this summer in SoCal. It is a good thing I didn’t know at the time you live there, or you would have had to hightail it to Crete, just like that sod Brit.

cjm Thursday, 05 October 2006 at 10:04

heh, i guess if i were british i might try and avoid company but since i’m not, i wouldn’t :) do you ever fly into SNA (John Wayne) ? I live about 5 miles from there. man, north of detroit, that is frigidaire country. very pretty from what i read and see on tv, but inhospitable in the extreme. i tried to excape from cali but once the hook is set, no where else will satisfy. people knock it — but not if they can afford to live here :) i wonder why they call us names :P

Jeff Guinn Thursday, 05 October 2006 at 13:07

LAX, not SNA, but that’s close enough.

It may be bit before I’m senior enough to get an LAX layover, but I’m bound to get one sooner or later, even if only by accident.

Shoot your particulars to: md11driveratcomcastdotnet.